2020 NCAA Championship
First Spherical | April 27-28 | Numerous Websites
Wednesday, April 28
Virginia 3, SIUE 1
Second Spherical | April 30-Could 1 | Numerous Websites
Friday, April 30
No. 2 North Carolina 2, Denver 0
No. 14 Clemson 1, Rutgers 1 (2OT, Clemson advances on PKs, 5-3)
Saturday, Could 1
No. 9 Duke 2, Arizona State 1 (2OT)
No. 1 Florida State 3, Milwaukee 0
Virginia 2, No. 12 BYU 0
Third Spherical | Could 5 | Cary, N.C. (WakeMed)
Wednesday, Could 5
No. 9 Duke vs. Ole Miss | Midday
No. 2 North Carolina vs. Washington | 3 p.m.
No. 1 Florida State vs. Penn State | 3 p.m.
No. 14 Clemson vs. No. 3 UCLA | 6 p.m.
Virginia vs. Rice | 9 p.m.
Quarterfinals | Could 9 | Cary, N.C. (WakeMed)
School Cup | Could 13 & 17 | Cary, N.C. (WakeMed)
5 ACC Groups Advance to Candy 16 of NCAA Championship
– 5 Atlantic Coast Convention ladies’s soccer groups have been chosen to compete within the 2020 NCAA Championship and every group has superior to the third spherical.
– The ACC’s 5 groups within the Candy 16 are essentially the most of any convention and two greater than the next-closest league.
– Virginia opened match play for the league with a 3-1 win in opposition to SIUE within the first spherical and earned its second win in a 2-0 upset of Twelfth-seeded BYU.
– North Carolina shut out Denver, 2-0, and Clemson superior on penalty kicks (5-3) in opposition to Rutgers, after the match was knotted at 1-1 following two overtimes.
– Duke recorded the golden objective within the second additional time to defeat Arizona State, 2-1, and Florida State defeated Milwaukee, 3-0.
– The ninth-seeded Blue Devils open the convention’s slate of third spherical motion on Wednesday with a midday kickoff in opposition to Ole Miss. No. 2 North Carolina battles Washington and No. 1 Florida State meets Penn State in a pair of matches set for 3 p.m.
– No. 14 Clemson will play No. 3 UCLA at 6 p.m. and Virginia closes out the day’s motion at 9 p.m. in opposition to Rice.
– Every match shall be held in Cary, North Carolina, on the WakeMed Soccer Park.
5 ACC Groups Chosen to Compete in NCAA Championship
– Headlined by the match’s prime two seeds, 5 Atlantic Coast Convention ladies’s soccer groups have been chosen to compete within the 2020 NCAA Championships.
– The ACC’s 5 groups are tied for essentially the most of any league.
– The Seminoles are making their twenty first general and consecutive NCAA look, successful the 2014 and 2018 nationwide championships.
– North Carolina continued its spectacular streak of NCAA Championship alternatives, because the Tar Heels are the one group that has appeared in all 39 NCAA Tournaments.
– Duke is making its twenty sixth look and sixth consecutive, whereas Clemson is making their seventh consecutive and twenty first general look within the area.
– Virginia has been chosen to compete in 33 of the 39 NCAA Championships, the second most of any program behind North Carolina.
ACC & the NCAA Championship
– The ACC has positioned a group within the Girls’s School Cup in 37 of the previous 38 NCAA Tournaments and in every of the previous 14.
– The ACC has 51 appearances within the School Cup – essentially the most of any convention (the subsequent closest convention is the Pac-12 with 27 appearances). Present membership combines for 63 appearances.
– Present ACC membership combines for 26 NCAA Division I Girls’s Soccer Championships. North Carolina owns 21 NCAA titles and Florida State owns two, whereas Notre Dame gained three previous to becoming a member of the league in 2013.
– Eight completely different ACC establishments have represented the league on the School Cup (Boston School, Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest) since 1982.
– The ACC match champion has gone on to win the NCAA Girls’s School Cup 16 instances, most just lately Florida State in 2018.
Florida State Wins 2020 ACC Championship
– Highlighted by a pair of objectives within the first six minutes of the match, top-seeded Florida State earned a 3-2 victory in opposition to second-seeded North Carolina on Sunday, Nov. 15, to assert the 2020 ACC ladies’s soccer championship.
– With the win, the Seminoles earned their seventh ACC Match title and second within the final three years.
– The Tar Heels and Seminoles we ranked No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, all through the period of the season within the United Soccer Coaches ballot.
Florida State, North Carolina Share ACC Common-Season Title
– Florida State and North Carolina each completed the 12 months unbeaten in convention matches and have been tabbed ACC regular-season co-champions.
– The Seminoles gained the tiebreaker with the Tar Heels to earn the No. 1 seed, which was determined by objective differential in convention video games (21-16).
– It was FSU’s fourth regular-season title and the twenty fourth for UNC.
– The groups additionally shared the regular-season crown in 2014 when each have been 9-0-1 in ACC motion.
5 ACC Groups Ranked in United Soccer Coaches Ballot
– 5 ACC groups are ranked among the many prime 10 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Ballot – essentially the most of any convention.
– The ACC has had the nation’s top-two groups in all eight polls this spring.
– Florida State has been No. 1 all through the spring, adopted No. 2 North Carolina.
– In the latest ballot, Clemson is No. 6, Duke is No. 8 and Virginia is No. 13.
ACC within the Nationwide Rankings
– ACC groups and ACC student-athletes at the moment lead the nation in quite a few classes.
– Florida State is sixth nationally in factors per recreation (8.42) and North Carolina is eighth with 7.59.
– The Seminoles are third within the nation in scoring offense (3.08) and the Tar Heels are eighth (2.71).
– Virginia, Florida State and North Carolina are all among the many nation’s prime 20 in photographs per recreation. The Cavaliers are fifth with 17.67, adopted by Florida State (sixth, 17.42) and North Carolina (thirteenth, 16.82).
– Defensively, the Tar Heels lead the nation with a .765 shutout proportion and the Seminoles are third at .750.
– North Carolina is third nationally in objectives with 46, whereas Florida State and Pitt are tied for thirteenth (37).
– Claudia Dickey of North Carolina leads the nation with 13 shutouts.
– North Carolina’s Brianna Pinto and Pitt’s Amanda West are tied for fourth in objectives with 13, whereas Virginia Tech’s Emily Grey owns eight assists to rank Twelfth.
– Syracuse’s Lysianne Proulx is third within the nation with 9.12 saves per recreation.
Winningest Energetic Head Coaches
– 4 ACC head coaches are among the many prime 10 in NCAA Division I for many victories by an lively head coach.
– Longtime UNC skipper Anson Dorrance leads the best way by a landslide with 887 wins, whereas Florida State’s Mark Krikorian is fifth on the record with 456.
– Virginia’s Steve Swanson is sixth with 431, whereas Pitt’s Randy Waldrum is eighth with 420 profession victories.
– The ACC’s 4 coaches among the many prime 10 are essentially the most of any convention.
Shutouts Headline Motion in ACC Play
– Thirty-six of the 52 league matches performed have been gained with a shutout and one other was a scoreless draw.
– On two events throughout the season, all six league video games held that day have been gained in shutout style.
– North Carolina allowed simply three objectives in ACC play throughout the fall, the fewest of any group within the convention.
Even Cut up
– The house groups gained 27 of the 52 league video games held within the fall, which excludes two ties.
– In distinction, street groups recorded 23 wins.
Eleven ACC Groups Earn United Soccer Coaches Educational Award
– Eleven ACC groups just lately acquired the United Soccer Coaches Crew Educational Award for sustaining a grade level common of three.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all gamers on the roster throughout the 2019-20 tutorial 12 months.
– Duke and Syracuse led the best way for the convention, every with group GPAs of three.71, tied for the third greatest amongst Energy 5 leagues.
– Boston School, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, NC State, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia and Virginia Tech additionally earned the group honor.
– Seven of the ten groups recorded a group GPA of three.5 or higher.