Michigan to Battle for Large Ten Match Title This Weekend
4/29/2021 12:28:00 PM
// Kristy McNeil
Fri-Solar., April 30-Might 2 — at Large Ten Match (Lincoln, Neb.)
Friday, April 30 — vs. Minnesota, 2 p.m. CDT
Saturday, Might 1 — Large Ten Match Semifinal, 2 p.m. CDT
Sunday, Might 2 — Large Ten Match Ultimate, 11 a.m. CDT
TV: Large Ten Community+ | Reside Scoring | Reside Video
• Social Media: Twitter | Fb | Instagram
The No. 23-ranked College of Michigan males’s tennis workforce competes for the Large Ten Match title and the league’s automated bid the NCAA Match this weekend in Lincoln, Neb. Because the No. 2 seed within the East, as co-champion of the Division, the Wolverines earned a primary spherical bye and can tackle Minnesota on Friday (April 30) within the quarterfinals at 2 p.m. CDT. The semifinals and last are set for Saturday and Sunday (Might 1-2). The event last can be streamed dwell on Large Ten Community+.
• Michigan enters the Large Ten Match because the No. 2 seed within the East after sharing the Japanese Division title with Ohio State with a 9-1 mark. Total, the Wolverines are 14-3, with all three losses to ranked opponents.
• The Wolverines are ranked No. 23 within the Oracle/ITA coaches ballot, No. 44 within the Oracle/ITA pc rating, and No. 10 within the Tennis Channel/USTA School Tennis Prime 25 ballot and the Cracked Racquets ballot.
• Michigan has received 36 Large Ten titles however has not received the Large Ten Match because it began in 1999.
• Andrew Fenty and Ondrej Styler have been named first workforce All-Large Ten, Mattias Siimar and Patrick Maloney captured second-team honors, marking the primary time since 1980 that 4 Wolverines have been named all-conference. Coach Adam Steinberg received his first Large Ten Coach of the Yr title.
• Andrew Fenty and Mattias Siimar are ranked No. 45 in doubles with a 13-3 report this season. As a pair, the duo has a formidable profession report of 38-7. Fenty posted a 12-3 singles report throughout Large Ten play this season, going 10-3 at No. 1 and 2-0 at No. 2. Styler is 8-2 in opposition to Large Ten opponents this season and is 12-6 total. He received his solely match at No. 1 singles and is 7-3 at No. 2.
• Patrick Maloney and Siimar are choices for Michigan on the No. 3 spot. Maloney is 7-2 on the spot, whereas Siimar is 4-2 and 13-2 within the Large Ten, whereas Maloney is 9-3 in convention matches.
• Nick Beaty owns the most effective win share on the workforce (.810) with an 18-4 report. He has a 12-2 mark within the league, enjoying primarily at Nos. 4 and 5.
• Jacob Bickersteth and Nino Ehrenschneider are on four-match win streaks in Nos. 5 and 6 singles and can problem for spots at these positions.