It’s occasions like this the place the squad planning at Bayern Munich actually comes into focus.
Earlier than we get going, this isn’t an anti-Brazzo rant. Let’s simply be clear about that. It’s extra of a have a look at how the Bavarians ended up with such a skinny corps for the following few video games.
The pundits — together with Lothar Matthäus — have chimed in and are taking their pictures at Bayern Munich’s lack of depth. Make no mistake, although, nobody may have predicted the mass quantity of accidents, illnesses, and suspensions that the Bavarians are at present dealing with this weekend.
For Bayern Munich to be so shorthanded at this second, although, loads of issues needed to occur. Let’s take a fast have a look at these lesser-talked about strikes which have left Bayern Munich’s bench in such disarray:
- Joshua Zirkzee: On mortgage with Parma Calcio 1913, Zirkzee is at present injured (possibly for the remainder of the season), however had not simply plateaued at Bayern Munich earlier than his transfer, however had regressed. An absence of motion and physicality within the closing third in the end hampered Zirkzee’s progress in Munich, which now leaves the striker depth chart a bit of barren behind Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting. The Bavarians not too long ago known as up Christopher Scott from Bayern Munich II to assist present some depth.
- Fiete Arp: For no matter motive, Arp and Hansi Flick mutually agreed that the younger striker would spend your entire season with Bayern Munich II and never be known as up. Arp’s confidence and type have subsequently taken successful on a subpar 3. Liga facet and now there may be thought that Arp will transfer on after this season. By now, Arp ought to have been capably capable of assist with depth behind Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Müller, and at each wings. As a substitute, he’s a part-time starter for Bayern Munich II. Even for probably the most ardent #ArpTrain supporter (me?), this has been powerful to observe unfold.
- Chris Richards: Yeah…if Bayern Munich may do it another time, it will not have loaned Richards to Hoffenheim. Richards’ potential to play a number of spots alongside the backline would have been enormous for Flick in the meanwhile. Extra, Richards has made such a improbable impression that Hoffenheim may very well be seeking to carry on Richards completely — which may very well be engaging to the Alabama native given the moment taking part in time he acquired in Sinsheim.
- Tiago Dantas: The ever-so-slight midfielder has not labored out with Bayern Munich. After spending time with Bayern Munich II, Dantas has been coaching with the first-team and anchored to the bench for video games. It’s straightforward to surmise that if he was adequate to assist, his quantity would have been known as already.
- Bouna Sarr: To not pile on the Frenchman, however he has been so poor that Flick shifted him to 3rd on the depth chart at right-back behind Benjamin Pavard and Niklas Süle.
Ahead Leon Dajaku moved on to Union Berlin over the winter as nicely, however he has far an excessive amount of cowboy in him to have been thought of an choice for Flick at this stage. Equally, Michaël Cuisance and Adrian Fein every possible don’t have any long-term future at Bayern Munich and wanted to maneuver on with their respective mortgage assignments when once they did.
A few of these strikes have been ill-timed (Richards), whereas others have been the results of the perils of attempting to develop youth (Zirkzee, Arp). Nonetheless, some others have been simply flatly dangerous choices (Sarr, Dantas).
Nevertheless Bayern Munich’s roster ended up right here, Flick’s job in piecemealing a lineup collectively for Union Berlin — and doubtlessly towards Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday — is not going to be straightforward.
For these of us (like me!), who usually discuss with Flick as a genius…the 56-year-old can actually earn that title if he strategizes a solution to win the following two video games with such a depleted squad.
Hype Music: “Hassle’s Coming” by Royal Blood
I’ve been into this tune loads of late and it will usually be a terrific theme for the Bayern Munich assault heading into a few large video games. Anyway, this monitor begins out with some speedy thumping and to me, at the least, will get my blood pumping a bit.
Let’s hope that is precisely how the opposition nonetheless sees Bayern Munich once they have a look at the schedule:
This isn’t a “hype monitor” by any means, however given all the accidents Bayern Munich is dealing with now, I immediately considered an episode of Teen Titans Go! (my youngsters have been huge followers once they have been youthful). This tune is apt for the present scenario at Bayern Munich:
Clearly, I’m saying that with a bit of little bit of tongue-in-cheek which means, however I legit really feel like Ineednoname may have belted out “All I Know is Ache” as his theme for the week.
The large query surrounding Bayern Munich this week is relating to precisely who is offered to play towards Union Berlin. The laundry record of accidents is stifling:
- Leon Goretzka (harm)
- Niklas Süle (harm)
- Lucas Hernández (harm)
- Marc Roca (harm)
- Robert Lewandowski (harm)
- Douglas Costa (harm)
- Corentin Tolisso (harm)
- Alphonso Davies (crimson card suspension)
Extra, Joshua Kimmich didn’t apply earlier immediately and Benjamin Pavard and Leroy Sane have been restricted to gentle jogging. There actually is not any clear indication as to if followers ought to be legitimately anxious concerning the standing of these three gamers as nicely. Whereas all three are anticipated to be obtainable, it nonetheless can’t go away followers feeling nice.
Tanguy Nianzou? Christopher Scott? Bouna Sarr? Javi Martinez? Tiago Dantas? Lace ‘em boys, you could be entering into.
The timing of all of that is fairly brutal contemplating Bayern Munich has a return leg within the Champions League towards Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday. Does Flick even danger utilizing gamers like Thomas Müller, Kimmich, Pavard, Sane, and Kingsley Coman extensively on this match?
Who is aware of…however all of that makes this recreation form of not possible to foretell. Union Berlin is an honest facet and is sitting in seventh place of the Bundesliga desk. Even with a full workforce, this match wouldn’t be straightforward.
Nonetheless…I’m going to choose Bayern Munich and I’ve a bizarre motive why.
For a lot of seasons, I watched Allen Iverson have an amazing profession with the Philadelphia 76ers. On the events the place Iverson was damage, sick, or indisposed for different causes, the 76ers usually rallied across the core group that was obtainable. I feel Bayern Munich has sufficient true professionals to do the identical towards Union Berlin.
Positive, Bayern Munich could be lacking a few Iversons on this recreation, however I anticipate Hansi Flick to coax an outstanding efficiency out of his recreation day roster (whoever that could be).
Prediction: Bayern Munich 2-1 Union Berlin
Different Bundesliga predictions embrace:
- Arminia Bielefield 1-2 SC Freiburg
- Eintracht Frankfurt 3-2 Wolfsburg
- Hertha Berlin 1-3 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Werder Bremen 0-2 RB Leipzig
- VfB Stuttgart 1-3 Borussia Dortmund
- Schalke 04 1-2 FC Augsburg
- FC Köln 2-2 Mainz 05
- Hoffenheim 2-2 Bayer Leverkusen
Let’s hope for a greater week.
Final Bundesliga match day document: 4-5
Final Champions League match day document: 0-1
Total document: 130-125*
Visitor predictors’ document: 23-4
(*contains DFL-Supercup, DFB-Pokal, Membership World Cup, and Champions League)