Alphonso Davies got here to Bayern Munich’s rescue on Monday night, scoring the equaliser because the Bundesliga leaders fought again from two targets right down to salvage a 3-3 draw at house to a plucky Arminia Bielefeld aspect within the closing Matchday 21 fixture.
Bayern 3-3 Bielefeld
Objectives: 0-1 Vlap (9′), 0-2 Pieper (37′), 2-1 Lewandowski (48′), 1-3 Gebauer (49′), 3-2 Tolisso (57′), 3-3 Davies (70′)
A whopping 31 factors and 15 locations separated these groups at kick-off, with hosts Bayern – freshly minted FIFA Membership World Cup champions – the apparent favourites to take all three factors and cement their lead on the prime of the standings. Bielefeld evidently didn’t learn the script although, as though the house aspect dominated possession they laboured to interrupt down a compact visiting defence. The Reds’ personal backline was much more porous, nevertheless, and Bielefeld took a shock lead within the ninth minute when Bundesliga debutant Michel Vlap collected Manuel Prietl’s move on the sting of the field, spinning between two defenders in a single motion and curling an unstoppable shot previous Manuel Neuer. Visibly buoyed by that objective, Uwe Neuhaus’ aspect grew in confidence on a snow-covered pitch on the Allianz Enviornment, and prolonged their lead shortly earlier than the interval when Vlap’s nook was met by the unmarked Amos Pieper, who headed in from the sting of the six-yard field.
Bayern emerged for what was a frenetic second half decided to make amends, and pulled a objective again nearly immediately by a shocking Robert Lewandowski end, controlling the ball on his chest earlier than volleying house. If a Bayern onslaught was anticipated, the Bielefeld response was not, however they struck once more simply 55 seconds later when Christian Gebauer tapped in from shut vary following a superb run from Andreas Voglsammer. Unfazed, Bayern saved plugging away and shortly decreased the deficit once more when Corentin Tolisso headed in Leroy Sane’s right-wing cross, however the plucky guests refused to surrender, and even scored a fourth, just for substitute Sergio Cordova’s effort to be dominated out for offside. The house aspect’s stress finally took its toll although, with Davies thundering within the equaliser from one other Sane cross to make sure a share of the factors for the league leaders.
- Vlap scored on his Bundesliga debut together with his first shot and simply his eighth contact of the ball.
- His objective was the earliest Bielefeld have discovered the web this season, and first time they’ve scored within the opening quarter-hour this time period.
- Pieper scored his first-ever top-flight objective on his seventeenth Bundesliga outing. The guests hit the goal with two of their three pictures within the first half.
- Bayern have now conceded eight headed targets within the league in 2020/21, their highest such whole since 2008/09.
- Lewandowski now has 25 Bundesliga targets this time period, greater than some other participant at this stage of a marketing campaign within the league’s historical past.
- Davies scored for the primary time since 30 Might 2020. All 5 of his profession Bundesliga targets so far have come on the Allianz Enviornment.
Watch: Davies: “We knew we needed to struggle”
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Sarr (Kimmich 58′), Süle, Hernandez, Davies – Tolisso, Alaba – Sane, Choupo-Moting, Coman – Lewandowski
Unused subs: Hoffmann, Pavard, Roca, Dantas, Musiala, Sieb, Zaiser
Out: Boateng (not included), Gnabry (hamstring), Goretzka (not included), Müller (not included), Nianzou (thigh), Nübel (ankle)
Coach: Hansi Flick
Bielefeld: Ortega – Brunner, Pieper, Nilsson, Laursen – Kunze, Prietl – Doan (Gebauer 41′), Vlap (Cordova 62′), Vogelsammer (Seufert 62′) – Klos (c) (Van der Hoorn 89′)
Unused subs: Linner, Okugawa, de Medina, Hartel, Schipplock
Coach: Uwe Neuhaus